Monday, April 2, 2012

DWI (Drivng With Influence) === DWI (Dying With Intent)


Can't believe that people  cannot make the decent choices about themselves at the age of 25yrs?
This is the age when you are not only supposed to be responsible about yourself but old enough to be a parent. Old enough to care and think about aging parents and younger siblings.

Today I heard the news that someone I knew was driving under influence and this led to his friend being killed in a car crash and he being charged with manslaughter.

This all happened while driving home from celebrating the 25th Birthday of the guy who died.

I had been so angry several times because I was the Designated Driver and no one cared that I was tired and wanted to turn in for the night. But I am so glad I did take it upon myself to drive people safely home after the parties. If I refused to drive and they went around driving and killed themselves or others I would have never forgiven myself.

Hopefully people who think they can be under total control even when under influence realize that they are not only putting themselves in danger bur also people around them. They have no right to risk their own life let alone other's.

What has the world come to? Where someone has to die for people to realize their stupidity.

Human life is invaluable. You beat all the odds to be in the world. Don’t expect to beat all odd and be lucky forever. 

I am pained at the stupidity that can get others killed.

Few Tips::::
  1. Decide on who would be the designated driver.
  1. Buy the Designated Driver few non-alcoholic drinks.
  2. Be respectful of Designated Driver.
  3. The Designated Driver should confiscate the car keys at the beginning of the party
  1. No matter how unreasonable or reasonable the drunk person is, no matter how rude they are, no matter how heartbroken they are that you don’t trust them, no matter how sober they look never let the person who had drinks drive. Even if it threatens your friendship/ relationship.
  1. If someone who is drunk refuses to get into a car, threaten to call the police and if need be call the cops and let them be taken into custody to sleep it off. At least they will be alive after they are awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment